Rediscover Sydney’s beautiful La Perouse with a day of free family entertainment, live music, cultural tours and watch the Queen’s Baton Relay arrive.
SUN 4 FEB 2018 9:30am – 6pm
La Perouse, corner Endeavour Avenue and ANZAC Parade
Free, No bookings required, Email email@example.com
|9.30am – 3pm||Blak Markets on Bare Island|
|10am – 3pm||Tours of the La Perouse Museum & Morse Code Demos|
|1.30pm – 6pm||Snake show|
|1pm – 3pm||Games on the lawn|
|2.30pm||Aboriginal dance and performances|
|4.30pm||Casey Donovan performs live|
|5.30pm||Queen’s Baton Relay arrives|
Parking and traffic information
Parking at La Perouse:
- Parking near the event site will be limited and managed
- Some parking areas in the Loop will be reserved to facilitate the staging of the event
- Access into and out of the Loop from 4pm until 6pm will be restricted
- Roads leading into La Perouse from Little Bay along ANZAC Parade and Bunnerong Road between 5pm and 5.30pm will be under Police control, guests are advised to arrive at the site prior to 3.30pm
- People are encourage to find other methods of transport such as walking or parking legally near the event site
- Bus timetables are likely to be impacted – for more information on bus services please visit Transport NSW
Margaret Hogge said:
Now that the First Fleet 230 year commemorations are over, shall we set up a simple commemorative Walk along Frenchmanâs Road to commemorate 230 years since the departure of La Perouseâs ships and personnel?
Has this been done in the past?
We would have two events at which to publicise the âeventâ â it doesnât need to be razzle dazzle â it was a pretty sad day, but could provide some interesting historical perspective and information for the general public.
Happy to discuss.
Margaret Hogge 0419 257 605 ( we had a delightful day on 25th January, sailing on Soren Larsen, dining at Phillipâs Foote at The Rocks, then music and dance at the Hero of Waterloo.)