Southern Courier, 4th September 2007, Tim Martin
There’s a little spot in Botany Bay that holds a treasure chest of Australia’s early history. It’s unknown to many residents of south-east Sydney, but impassioned locals are bringing the Laperouse Museum back into the fold.
Described by the Friends of the Laperouse Museum (FOTLM) as “a hall of artefacts and history”, the little building encircled by Anzac Parade details the journey of the French navigator Jean-Francois de Galaup, Comte de La Perouse and how he came to land in Botany Bay, only days after the First Fleet arrived in 1788. Continue reading